Reflections.

And here I stand, done with, rather having survived, storm of V semester of my engineering life.

A semester that taught me a lot more than I suspected and that revived those latent threads of my consciousness that never knew about their very existence.
So what is that special in this semester?
I would say a lot, the projects I undertook, the people I worked with, interviews I gave, interviews I took, the countable lectures I attended, new friends I gained, the incidents that followed and hovering above it all the consistency of my haphazard and extremely unscheduled lifestyle.
Ranging  from meagre meals to sleepless deals, the semester holds a lot within itself, so much that right now smiling back at the reminiscence, I am trying to figure out from where to start.

Be it the incidents of conversations with my professors or my buddies, it held a lot more humour this semester. 


Umm...ok let's start, I have a vague beginning in my head.

So, as recorded earlier, this summer vacation I have been swaying and switching places between campus and my home town.
 In the end of the vacation, it so happened that I undertook a project under one professor, that needed my time till August end. It was a collaboration with a foreign university so yes, time scheduling was an issue. I had awesome team-mates and it was fun attending video calls with the Pennysylvania team of students in early morning, mostly around 7. Most of the times it so happened that all three of us slept and then one of us woke up by listening to the hangout call on his handset and then he will call both of us. Within few minutes, while my laptop boots, I made myself presentable and then attended the calls in bed. 


Those days and the tight schedule. We had deadlines and we needed to complete the feature by the end of it, and also the project involved hell lot of documentation. As the project reached its end, I got to know that I have been selected as GSA and needed to attend a meeting in Pune. The dates clashed with my first insems so  a good amount of my time went in convincing the profs. Uhh. Tiresome.

Then came the GSA summit. Awesome 3 days of random and drastic realizations. 

Then I came back, a bit matured, unaware of what the world had been on the other side of my mobile. My friends had literally said so many "nice words" to me for missing the exams while all of them gave.

After coming back, charged up with the GSA zeal we decided to schedule interviews and form a committee from scratch.

Interviews. Unpredictable fun they hold. Be it taking ones or giving ones. Several companies also visited our campus , offering internship and I remember screwing up  a few interviews, the ones I qualified into.
                               
                              

When things seemed a bit settled down, then came the windy storm of projects. Electronics, HCI, AI, CNS, DBMS...apart from a sweet latent "Algorithm" that never tried to show its existence apart from the exam time.
Ah.. these projects. 
I guess the post would be too long if I decide to elaborate on each group project.
But there were some groups where I really liked being part of because we did nothing, but discussed, and just discussed. Though I really wanted to contribute a lot but I had few more projects that grabbed all my time.

In all these projects' meetings when we purposelessly discussed the topics, and kept on contradicting each others' with the best of our zeal, escaping into cafe, DJ or anything else but the project.

But all these incidents over the semester, they demarcate a lot of flaws, a lot of strengths that we never notice before and especially help us gain few more trustworthy friends.
It was a nice semester, this is just an overview, few random incidents that came in my mind, wandering. I just could not write more about it because the rest of the content won't make much sense to you. Though, my incidents with profs are worth mentioning, may be in the next blog post. 

But till then I would say, if you are in mid of a vacation break, enjoy to the fullest and if you are yourself surviving one semester, make sure you turn it into one of the most memorable ones.


                                                                                                   Adieu,

                                                                                                  The Amateur Critic 



Comments

Popular Posts